Excellence vs Perfection
Given by Jorge Basave of “Equip”
MACU 10/Nov/07 www.lidere.org
The Leader that encourages their people to EXCELLENCE produces:
* Growth founded upon relationships. (Gives security to the people)
* Action motivated by devotion to their Leader.
* People motivated by gratitude – they’re encouraged.
* Divine Grace. (Simplicity, Affirmation)
* Atmosphere of acceptance (No fear)
* Response from the people.
* Service with power.
* Freedom to give motivated by love & grace.
* Balance: “being” above “doing”. (Action based on acceptance in Christ)
* Motivated by gratefulness to God (Obedience to His Word)
* Acceptance of being in submission to the God ordained authority above them.
* Deeper relationship with God.
The Leader that demands PERFECTION produces:
* Growth founded upon rules & routines (Produces insecurity in the people.)
* Action motivated by obligation.
* People motivated by guilt and manipulation – they’re discouraged.
* Sense of obligation to man. (Complicated, Legalistic)
* Comparison with others. (Intimidation)
* Reaction from the people.
* Half-hearted service (Discouragement)
* Legalism – suppressing a giving spirit.
* Imbalance: “doing” above “being”. (Action based on acceptance by man)
* Motivated by the praise / fear of man.
* Frustration with self. Limited productivity.