Hello! The 1st portion of our Rec’d Reading List is primarily for “Couples” – those who already are married or for those in a relationship moving towards marriage. Please note the authors of the various books listed – they may have other books published that are NOT on our list here.
* Love for a Lifetime – Building a Marriage that will go the Distance by Dr. James C. Dobson, Multnomah publishers.
* Love Must Be Tough – New Hope for Families in Crisis by Dr. James C. Dobson, Word Publishing.
* What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women by Dr. James C. Dobson, Tyndale House Publishers.
* Love & Respect – The Love She Most Desires, The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, Thomas Nelson Publishers.
* Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson, Canon Press.
* The DNA of Relationships – Discover How You are Designed for Satisfying Relationships by Dr. Gary Smalley, Tyndale House Publishers.
* The Five Love Languages – How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman, Northfield Publishing.
* Love Is a Decision – Proven Techniques to Keep Your Marriage Alive and Lively by Gary Smalley with John Trent, Word Publishing.
* Toward a Growing Marriage – Building the Love Relationship of Your Dreams by Gary Chapman, Moody Press publishing.
* If Only He Knew – A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, & Loving Your Wife by Gary Smalley, Zondervan Publishing House.
* For Better or Best – Understanding Your Man by Gary Smalley, HarperCollins Publishers / Zondervan Publishing House.
* The Marriage Mender – A Couple’s Guide for Staying Together by Thomas A. Whiteman, Ph.D & Thomas G. Bartlett, Ph.D., NavPress Publishing Group.
* Communication: Communication: Communication: Key to Your Marriage by H. Norman Wright, Regal Books publishing.
* Love That Lasts – When Marriage Meets Grace by Gary & Betsy Ricucci, Crossway Books / Good News Publishers.
* Majoring in Your Marriage – 12 ways to Improve Your Relationship by Frank & P. Bunny Wilson, Harvest House Publishers.
* Saying I Do was the Easy Part – Secrets to a Dynamic & Fulfilling Marriage by Theda Hlavka, Broadman & Holman Publishers.
* Created to be His Help Meet – Discover how God can make Your Marriage Glorious by Debi Pearl, No Greater Joy Ministries.
* Wild at Heart – Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul by John Eldredge, Thomas Nelson Publishers.
* People Skills – How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts by Robert Bolton, Ph.D.
Talking to Your Teens about Sex & Relationships - Books for Parents to help guide them in their communication with their kids go to http://family.christianbook.com/fotf-sex-ed Also go to = www.family.christianbook.com – Scroll down & click on “Parenting” tab. Then on left side bar, scroll down & click on “teens”.
Some that we think are exceptional are:
* Hooked: New Science on How Casual Sex Is Affecting Our Children by Joe S. McIlhaney Jr. M.D. & Freda McKissic Bush M.D., Moody Publishers.
* A Chicken’s Guide to Talking Turkey with Your Kids about Sex by Dr. Kevin Leman & Kathy Flores Bell.
* How to Talk Confidently with Your Child about Sex for Parents – 5th Edition by Lenore Buth, Concordia Publishing House.
* The Art of Loving Well – A Character Education Curriculum for Today’s Teenagers, The Loving Well Project, Boston University, ISBN: 0-87270-079-8.
Books for the Family –
* The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Smalley & Ross Campbell, M.D., Moody Press publishing.
* Raising Kids Right in a World Gone Wrong – Helping your Children Discover and Develop Their Full Potential by Duane & LeeAnn Rawlins, Emerald Books publishing.
* 10 Things I Want My Daughter to Know – Getting Her Ready for Life by Annie Chapman, Harvest House Publishers.
* 10 Things I Want My Son to Know: Getting Him Ready for Life by Steve Chapman, Harvest House Publishers.
* Influencing Children to Become World Changers by Joy Dawson, Thomas Nelson Publishers.